Friday, May 28, 2010

Why the new blog?

Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen once said, "There are not one hundred people in this country who hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly believe the Catholic Church to be." At one time, I counted myself among the latter group. It is easy to understand why this happens. Protestant bookstores outnumber Catholic ones by leaps and bounds. In many of these Protestant stores, books purporting to be about Catholicism are relegated to their sections about the occult or "man-made religions." Anti-Catholic websites abound, and the "information" they supply about Catholicism is full of misrepresentations and half-truths. The purpose of this blog is to address these issues head on. Every article I write will be to correct misinformation, refute false claims, or to clarify the teachings of the Church when they are misrepresented. I will do this in all fairness. I will not make some nebulous claim that "fundamentalists say this" or "I have heard a Protestant say that." To do so would make me no better than those I am trying to counter. I will provide text, images, and links directly to the source so you can see for yourself what claims are being made. Likewise, my arguments will be backed up by direct quotes from the Scriptures, the Catechism, Magisterial documents and so on. This blog is just my attempt, in a small way, to use the gifts the Lord has given me for His glory. Dominus Vobiscum.

No comments:

Post a Comment